The Fault in Our Stepbrothers
- (A gay couple has just met up in the restaurant and kissed each other upon arrival. Another customer has seen this and is obviously angry.)
- Angry Customer: “Damn f**s.”
- Gay Man: “Excuse me?”
- Angry Customer: “You heard me, you little s***. Let’s not make this into some little pride protest, okay? I have to accept that you’re going to live your lifestyle, and you have to accept that I’ve got freedom of speech.”
- Gay Man: *quietly* “Is it too much to ask for a little human decency?”
- Angry Customer: “Human? Listen up, what you’re doing is not human. I think I have the right to determine what I think is human.”
- (The manager shows up. He’s a quiet Italian man who I assume is conservative due to the Christian imagery and portrait of Reagan he keeps around the restaurant.)
- Angry Customer: *to the owner* “Hey, can you move either them or us to another table?”
- (Instead of responding to the angry customer, the owner instead speaks to his wife.)
- Owner: “I’m sorry ma’am, but we have a strict ‘no pets’ policy in my restaurant.”
- Wife: “Uh, I, uh, what? I don’t have a—”
- Owner: “Well, according to your talking monkey over here, I can determine who’s a human and who’s not. You bring an animal into my restaurant; I gotta assume it’s your pet.”
- (The angry customer storms out. When I left, the owner was giving his description, and copies of security camera footage, to the biggest crowd of police I’ve seen. Apparently it’s a bad idea to not pay your bill at a restaurant that gives free coffee to cops.)
This is one of my most favorite endings to a Disney movie, hands down.
Fuck the sword of a Hun who was going to destroy China. Fuck any sort of gift from the Emperor. They’re these *things* that have no meaning whatsoever.
His little girl is home from a *war*, safe and sound, and that is the most important thing in the world to him. The world can go to hell, but it doesn’t matter, because Mulan’s home.
this scene ALWAYS makes me cry
what do you mean “one day more” isn’t meant as a solo
Ancient moon priestesses were called virgins. ‘Virgin’ meant not married, not belonging to a man - a woman who was ‘one-in-herself’. The very word derives from a Latin root meaning strength, force, skill; and was later applied to men: virle. Ishtar, Diana, Astarte, Isis were all all called virgin, which did not refer to sexual chastity, but sexual independence. And all great culture heroes of the past, mythic or historic, were said to be born of virgin mothers: Marduk, Gilgamesh, Buddha, Osiris, Dionysus, Genghis Khan, Jesus - they were all affirmed as sons of the Great Mother, of the Original One, their worldly power deriving from her. When the Hebrews used the word, and in the original Aramaic, it meant ‘maiden’ or ‘young woman’, with no connotations to sexual chastity. But later Christian translators could not conceive of the ‘Virgin Mary’ as a woman of independent sexuality, needless to say; they distorted the meaning into sexually pure, chaste, never touched.
- 1. Post a picture of you?
- 2. Would you date an 18-year-old at the age you are now?
- 3. Do you prefer to be friends with girls or boys?
- 4. Would you ever smile at a stranger?
- 5. Can you commit to one person?
- 6. How do you look right now?
- 7. What exactly are you wearing right now?
- 8. How often do you listen to music?
- 9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more?
- 10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2014?
- 11. Are you a social or an antisocial person?
- 12. If the person you like says they like someone else, what would you say?
- 13. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
- 14. Can you drive a stick shift?
- 15. Do you care if people talk badly about you?
- 16. Are you going out of town soon?
- 17. When was the last time you cried?
- 18. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to?
- 19. If you could change your eye color, would you?
- 20. Name something you have to do tomorrow?
- 21. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having.
- 22. Have you ever liked one of your best friends of the opposite sex?
- 23. Are you nice to everyone?
- 24. What are you sitting on right now?
- 25. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat?
- 26. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have?
- 27. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night?
- 28. Do you get a lot of colds?
- 29. Have your pants ever fallen down in public?
- 30. Does anyone hate you?
- 31. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell everything to?
- 32. Do you like watching scary movies?
- 33. Are you a jealous person?
- 34. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be?
- 35. Did you have a dream last night?
- 36. Is there anyone you can tell EVERYTHING to?
- 37. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years?
- 38. Do you think someone has feelings for you?
- 39. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?
- 40. Did you have a good day yesterday?
- 41. Think back 2 months ago; were you in a relationship?
- 42. Is your life anything like it was two years ago?
- 43. If the person you wish to be with were with you, what would you be doing right now?
- 44. What’s the best part about school?
- 45. Do you have any pictures on your Facebook?
- 46. Do you ever pass notes to your friends in school?
- 47. Do you replay things that have happened in your head?
- 48. Were you single over the last summer?
- 49. What are you supposed to be doing right now?
- 50. Don’t tell me lies, is the last person you texted attractive?
dat small meow
Doctor Who star Peter Capaldi has revealed that there will be no flirting between the Doctor and his assistant Clara Oswald in the forthcoming series.
New Time Lord Capaldi, 56, has said that he was “adamant” that there will be “no Papa-Nicole moments”.
When asked about the age gap between himself and his 28-year-old co-star Jenna Coleman, Capaldi said: “They’ll be no flirting, that’s for sure. It’s not what this Doctor’s concerned with. It’s quite a fun relationship, but no, I did call and say, ‘I want no Papa-Nicole moments.’ I think there was a bit of tension with that at first but I was absolutely adamant.”
I have always been intrigued by the idea of soulmates. I thought it was a beautiful idea. But an idea none the less. But my beliefs are changing now with this guy. He has literally taken my breath away from the moment I met him, and still does, and although I’m sketch on the idea of “signs”, I am now seeing them everywhere, everyday, showing that this match is meant to be. He actually makes me believe in soulmates, because honestly at this point I’m starting to believe he is mine. I can’t begin to explain. Everything is right. And this is just nothing I have ever or will ever experience again. God, this is insane.